On this page, we attempt to give a chronological account of significant updates to the mcplots site, in particular
- Additions of new Generators and Versions
- Additions of new Rivet analyses
- Updates to Rivet versions
- Significant changes to the amount of statistics, new capabilities, or bug fixes to each of the generators and analyses already on the site.
2015/12/08 - MCPLOTS public release
- Epos 1.99 / CRMC 1.0, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5.3 and 1.5.4, Pythia 8.209, 8.210 and 8.212, Sherpa 2.2.0, Vincia 1.2.00, 1.2.01 and 1.2.02
- Rivet 2.3.0
2015/05/28 - MCPLOTS public release
- Herwig++ 2.7.0 and 2.7.1, Pythia 8.186, 8.201 and 8.205, Vincia 1.1.01, 1.1.02 and 1.1.03
- Updated design of the Generators Versions and 'Custom' Generator Group pages to have better overview of versions and tunes available on the site.
2015/02/23 - MCPLOTS public release
- Pythia 6.428, Pythia 8.180, 8.183 and 8.185, Sherpa 1.4.5, 2.1.0 and 2.1.1
- Rivet 1.9.0
- Updated to LHAPDF 5.8.9 / 5.9.1, FastJet 3.0.3, HepMC 2.06.08
2014/01/15 - MCPLOTS public release
- Herwig++ 2.6.2 and 2.6.3, Pythia 8.175 and 8.176, Sherpa 1.4.2 and 1.4.3, Vincia 1.1.00
- New analyses:
- Temporary removed bottom quark analyses due to issues with generators steering cards. To be re-added in the next release.
- Expanded validation framework to include new "Tuning Validation" page, on which the chi2 values of different tunes of each generator are compared to each other. (We still choose not to show any direct comparisons between different generators, as the interpretation of such comparisons is more involved and the simple compound chi2 we calculate here could potentially be misleading.)
- Rivet 1.8.3. Thanks to Test4Theory volunteer Crystal Pellet for alerting us to the new version.
- Corrected bugs for Herwig++ W+jets and Phojet ppbar runs. Thanks to Test4Theory volunteers Crystal Pellet and Ray Murray for helping us track this down.
- Updated Test4Theory for compatibility with Scientific Linux 6.
- Updated and reorganized tune groups. New tab dedicated to Soft-Inclusive MCs (generators specializing in diffraction, min-bias, etc).
- Updated plotter. Improved y axis ranges for plots with large uncertainties. Reduced risk of plot points being hidden under legends.
- Included a Facebook "like" button, currently as an experimental social feature, to be kept or removed in the future.
- Removed Pythia 8.157 (deemed obsolete).
- Reduced number of tune variations available for the oldest versions of Pythia 6 and 8.
2013/02/07 - MCPLOTS public release
- Epos 1.99.crmc.v3400, Herwig++ 2.6.1a and 2.6.0, Phojet 1.12a, Pythia 6.427, Pythia 8.170, 8.165, 8.163 and 8.108, Sherpa 1.4.1, Vincia 1.0.28
- Added version 4 of Herwig++ tunes and Pythia 6 Perugia 2012 tunes.
- New analyses:
- ALICE: ALICE_2012_I1181770
- ATLAS: ATLAS_2011_I926145, ATLAS_2012_I1084540, ATLAS_2011_I894867, ATLAS_2012_I1183818
- CMS: CMS_2011_S8941262, CMS_2011_S9215166, CMS_2012_I1193338, CMS_2012_I1087342, CMS_2012_I1102908, CMS_2012_I1184941, CMS_2012_PAS_FWD_11_003, CMS_2012_PAS_QCD_11_010
- LHCb: LHCB_2011_I917009, LHCB_2010_I867355, LHCB_2012_I1119400
- LHCf: LHCF_2012_I1115479
- TOTEM: TOTEM_2012_I1115294, TOTEM_2011_I930960, TOTEM_2012_002
- ALEPH: ALEPH_1999_S4193598
- MC-only: MC_FBA_TTBAR - see section "Top quark (MC only)"
- Rivet 1.8.2
- Updated to LHAPDF 5.8.8 and FastJet 2.4.4
- Implemented accounting of contributions by BOINC volunteers and added API to access contributions stats. Test4Theory Stats web application make use of the API to display contributions progress.
2012/04/09 - MCPLOTS public release
- Alpgen 2.1.4 and 2.1.3e, Pythia 8.162, 8.160, 8.135 and 8.130, Sherpa 1.4.0
- New analyses:
- ALICE: ALICE_2011_S8909580, ALICE_2011_S8945144
- ATLAS: ATLAS_2011_S9131140, ATLAS_2011_S9128077, ATLAS_2011_S9126244, ATLAS_2011_S9002537
- CMS: CMS_2011_S9120041, CMS_2011_S9088458, CMS_2011_S9086218, CMS_2011_S8968497, CMS_2010_S8547297, CMS_2010_S8656010, CMS_2011_S8884919, CMS_2011_S8950903
- LHCb: LHCB_2010_S8758301
- STAR: STAR_2006_S6870392, STAR_2008_S7869363
- Disabled bad quality histograms (with problems like negative bin contents) from ALEPH_2004_S5765862 and OPAL_2004_S6132243 analyses
- Rivet 1.8.0
- Updated to LHAPDF 5.8.7, AGILe 1.4.0, HepMC 2.06.05
- Display Rivet version and number of events on each plot
- Use information provided by Rivet to select linear or logarithmic scale on plots which gives better look.
2011/12/08 - MCPLOTS public release
- Herwig++ 2.5.2, Pythia 6.426, Pythia 8.157, Vincia 1.0.27
- Added version 3 of Herwig++ colour reconnection tunes.
- Rivet 1.7.0
2011/11/11 - MCPLOTS public release
- Fixed incorrect modification of Sherpa jets steering files.
- Added 'analysis filter' with possibillity to display plots from specific Rivet analysis.
2011/10/07 - MCPLOTS public release
- Sherpa 1.3.1, Pythia 8.153, Vincia 1.0.26
- Removed obsolete Herwig++ v.1 tunes.
- Obsolete CDF_2008_LEADINGJETS analysis replaced by CDF_2010_S8591881_QCD (thanks to Test4Theory member Crystal Pellet for bringing this to our attention).
- Added CMS strange production analysis CMS_2011_S8978280.
- Rivet 1.6.0
- Added generators validation page based on χ2 values including 5% theory uncertainty
- Added 'Custom' generator group.
2011/07/27 - MCPLOTS public release
- Herwig++ 2.5.1
- Added version 2 of Herwig++ colour reconnection tunes.
- Added another D0 Z pT analysis (D0_2010_S8821313).
- Plots page layout reorganized to fit to screen width.
2011/06/07 - MCPLOTS public release
- Sherpa 1.3.0, Pythia 6.425, Pythia 8.150
- New tunes: Herwig++ MU900-1; Pythia 6 Perugia 2011; Sherpa: removed explicit alphaS definition from run cards.
- Several LEP distributions and moments (OPAL_2004_S6132243), including energy scaling beyond 91 GeV (contributed by S. Prestel and W. Pokorski)
- Removed OPAL four-jet angles (OPAL_2001_S4553896) since the measurements were corrected to parton level and it is not clear how to compare arbitrary generators to them
- Rivet 1.5.1
- Reorganized tune groups to a two-tier structure, with top group selecting generator (or main) and subgroups selecting more finegrained within that group (e.g. groups of tunes for a single generator)
- Reorganized and renamed some LEP observables to make their order more intuitive.
- Minor updates to plotting tool to make sure axis ticks always visible in ratio plots and a few other minor cosmetics fixes
2011/03/20 - MCPLOTS public release
- Herwig++ 2.5.0, Vincia 1.0.25 and 1.0.24
- First LHC measurements at 7 TeV
- Dedicated ee identified-particle measurements from ALEPH
- b fragmentation measurements from DELPHI
- Rivet 1.5.0
- New functionality to select alternative generator versions (written by A. Pytel)
2010, December - first public release
- Herwig++ 2.4.2, Pythia 6.424 and 6.423, Pythia 8.145 and 8.142, Sherpa 1.2.3 and 1.2.2p
- Rivet 1.4.0
2010, November - starting alpha-testing of Test4Theory project
2010, August - first prototypes of web pages
2010, Summer - MCPLOTS project started